Practical Workshop With Patient Treatment
You will produce a KAFO for your patient. The physical examination and the handover of the orthosis take place in your workshop with the patient present. The workshop instructor will support you online. The work steps model technology and production of the orthosis are carried out in the FIOR & GENTZ technology centre in Lüneburg. The patient does not have to be present for this.
Content: production of an individual KAFO
- physical examination (determination of the most suitable system joints and system components based on patient data)
- model technique (creation of a negative and positive cast taking into account the mechanical pivot points)
- producing the orthosis (all work steps from the mounting of the assembly/lamination dummies to the reinforcement and the attachment of the padding material)
- handing over the orthosis (results analysis including documentation and checking the orthosis’ alignment statically and dynamically on the patient)
Duration: 5 days (36 hours)
- day 1 and 5: online (workshop of the workshop participant)
work steps: physical examination and handing over the orthosis
- day 2– 4: FIOR & GENTZ technology centre in Lüneburg
work steps: model technique and producing the orthosis
Fee: 1,800 euros (the costs for the system components are not included in the price)
- The workshop fee will be invoiced before the start of the workshop. Please note the payment term on the invoice.
- If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the workshop, there will be no refund of the workshop fee.
- A maximum of 3 orthotists (+1 patient) from one company can take part in this workshop.
At most 2 orthoses are built (provided that at least 2 orthotists participate).
- If the patient is not available to attend the workshop, this is no sufficient reason for the refund of the workshop fee. In this case, the orthosis can be adapted to the leg of a workshop participant.
- A video of the patient must be submitted for all patient treatments.
- Please bring an official confirmation of a negative COVID rapid test, which is not older than 24 hours, to the first day of the workshop.
- The use of a mouth-nose covering is voluntary. Upon request, our workshop instructor will also wear a mouth-nose covering.