Practical Workshop With Patient Treatment
You will produce a KAFO for your patient. The entire workshop will take place at the FIOR & GENTZ technology centre in Lüneburg. Both the orthotist and the patient must be present during the workshop.
Content: production of an individual KAFO
- physical examination (determination of the most suitable system joints and system components based on patient data)
- model technique (creation of a negative and positive cast taking into account the mechanical pivot points)
- producing the orthosis (all work steps from the mounting of the assembly/lamination dummies to the reinforcement and the attachment of the padding material)
- handing over the orthosis (results analysis including documentation and checking the orthosis’ alignment statically and dynamically on the patient)
Duration: 5 days (40 hours)
Location: FIOR & GENTZ technology centre in Lüneburg
Fee: 2,000 euros (the costs for the system components are not included in the price)
- The workshop fee will be invoiced before the start of the workshop. Please note the payment term on the invoice.
- If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the workshop, there will be no refund of the workshop fee.
- A maximum of 3 orthotists (+1 patient) from one company can take part in this workshop.
At most 2 orthoses are built (provided that at least 2 orthotists participate).
- If the patient is not available to attend the workshop, this is no sufficient reason for the refund of the workshop fee. In this case, the orthosis can be adapted to the leg of a workshop participant.
- A video of the patient must be submitted for all patient treatments.
- Please bring an official confirmation of a negative COVID rapid test, which is not older than 24 hours, to the first day of the workshop.
- The use of a mouth-nose covering is voluntary. Upon request, our workshop instructor will also wear a mouth-nose covering.